Click the links below to see documents that are available for viewing:
Click the links below to read previous issues of our neighborhood newsletter:
Covenants and Restrictions
- Lots are to only be used for residential purposes. No more than one home per lot and each home shall be designed for a single family. All garages must be attached and able to accommodate two or more automobiles.
- No building, fence or wall shall be constructed without the approval of the Architectural Review Committee.
- Each lot shall have a rear yard with a depth of not less than 25 feet on which no building or structure of any kind shall be erected.
- Trees may not be cut down without the approval of the Architectural Review Committee.
- No old house or other building shall be moved and placed upon any lot.
- No structure of temporary character, trailer, tent, shack, barn, storage shed, dog house, dog pen or other outbuilding shall be used on any lot.
- No noxious or offensive activity shall be done which may become a nuisance to the neighborhood.
- No animals, livestock or poultry of any kind shall be raised, bred or kept on any lot except that dogs, cats and other household pets may be kept, provided they are not kept, bred or maintained for commercial purposes.
- No basketball goal shall be placed on the front or side of any residence, garage or carport. Neither shall any basketball goal be placed or erected at any place in a front or side yard.
- No truck larger than a standard size pickup truck shall be permitted to remain longer than the necessary time to load or unload the cargo. Any truck permitted to remain on the lot must be kept in the garage at night.
- The lawns and yards of all lots in this subdivision shall be maintained in a neat and clean condition with the grass being properly mowed at all times.
- There shall be no incinerators, barrels, trash, litter or debris kept on any lot at any time.
- The doors of all garages shall be closed at all times except when necessary for ingress or egress.
- No radio towers or antennas and no television satellite receiving dish shall be erected on any lot or on the exterior of any house. A television antenna which does not exceed six feet in height above the ridge of the house on which it is erected is permitted.
- Recreational Vehicles (travel trailers, campers, motor homes, boats, etc.) may be parked only in rear yards (not front or side yards) and then only within an approved privacy fence which is commercially installed.
- All yards must be sodded to include the front and side yards and a minimum of 30 feet in the rear of the house.
Note that the Ravenwood South Board will only get involved in rare and extreme situations that are detrimental to the neighborhood. We encourage our neighbors to be neighborly and attempt to work out any disputes amicably and on their own.
For any other neighborhood concerns (things like tall weeds, potholes, barking dogs, etc.) we encourage you to visit the City of Springfield's website to report your concerns via their Request Tracker.